By Elijah Silverman
- Kevin Durant- has been so good for so long. So many times I will watch KD shoot the ball and it goes in, it seems like he never misses from anywhere. Kevin Durant is a future hall of famer with 2 rings and 2 finals MVPs, the thing is he is also 33 years old and has recovered fully from a torn achilles. He is always an all star captain and he is always rated top 2 on rankings from big sports announcers. This season KD is averaging 29.1 points per game which is crazy because at 33 years of age he is very close to putting up his career high. This is the second best season on KDs career and if LeBron James didn’t exist people would possibly consider KD as one of the greatest if not the greatest basketball player of all time, no matter what he has summented a hall of fame legacy and possibly if he keeps this up he will be in the GOAT conversation very soon.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo- is a champion and finals MVP. He is also very unstoppable, on any given night he can go off for 50 and with his growing 3pt percentages Giannis could really become unstoppable and very undeniable. Gannis is only 27 and if he retired today he would be a first ballot hall of famer. I would believe that if he stays in the league for another 10 years he could easily become a top 3 player to ever do it.
- LeBron James- is the 2nd greatest player to ever pick up a basketball. James is not far off from becoming the universal goat if he can stick in there and break Kareem’s record and is able to win a ring he will become in my mind the greatest to ever do it. The fact that Lebron is 37 years of age and he is still carrying himself as if he is 20. He is hungrier than a man without a championship and he also is more ambitious than a 20 year old. LeBron is averaging a triple double and is one of the most underrated passers in the league, I believe he is the best teammate ever and he has the numbers to prove it he averages 29.7 pts per game with another 6.3 assists per game and 8.2 rebounds per game.
- Joel Embid- is one of the greatest young talents we’ve seen. He has been a force to be reckoned with and it seems like he will continue for years. There is not much to say because he is one one of the youngest on this list. His stats speak for themselves as he is averaging 29.9 points per game this year which has been going from one to two all year as the best with LeBron.
- Stephen Curry- is the greatest shooter to ever do it he is a member of the 50/40/90 club and is now averaging just under 26 points per game. We all know who Steph Curry is so there isn’t much more to say.
- Nikola Jokic- is a great player but he isn’t as good as the top 5, Jokic in most people’s eyes is way overrated. The question is does he deserve to be on this list. I believe barley but yes. To be honest Jokic in my mind can’t win a championship on his own. I believe that everyone else on this list would be able to do it on their own that is rated 1-5. Maybe Jokic won’t have to win on his own, maybe he will never win a ring. Jokic is still a great talent in the league.
Honorable Mentions: Ja Morant, Jayson Tatum, Luka Doncic, and Chris Paul.